Keeping your home festive is always a great idea, especially if you have children. Changing and adding accessories to your home depending on the time of year can keep you from getting bored with your current layout and can just liven things up in the house. If you’re tired of putting carved pumpkins on your porch for fall and calling it a day – there are some really creative and fun ideas you can do this year to give your home a fun vibe and festive without appearing too much above. :
1. Many farmer’s markets, local farms and even some large retailers like Wal-Mart or Target sell corn stalks that look great when tied to vertical veranda beams, light poles, and even lighting poles. Letter box. They will be a fun and different addition to your home that will truly immerse you and your family in the spirit of fall.
2. Investing in a wreath made of fake colorful leaves in the fall can be a great addition to your door if you are looking for a generic fall piece. Investing in a wreath made of fake flowers and leaves will guarantee its durability throughout the season and you can reuse it for the seasons to come. Stopping at your local craft store can provide you with everything you need to make the personalized wreath if you are interested in undertaking an afternoon project.
3. Pumpkins are no longer just for porches. When you stop near the patch to pick it up for sculpture, take a few stickers to place on your coat, TV or counter.
4. If you’re looking to make a bigger change, invest in a fall-colored rug for your hallway or living room. Warm colors like oranges, reds, yellows and browns will help give your home that welcoming feeling that the fall season seems to make us want to create in the house.
5. A stop at a local candle store will provide you with tons of fall themed scents that are sure to prepare you and your family for the coolest months of the year. Whether it’s a spicy pumpkin scent or a warm cinnamon aroma – you’ll be able to stock up on inviting scents that will make you want pumpkin pie in no time.
6. A table runner for the coffee table in the living room with a pattern or fall colors will be a subtle but useful touch in your living room. By focusing the decoration on the pieces that you use frequently, you will be sure to get the most out of your decorative investments.
7. Combine your fall themed table runner or rug with a beautiful centerpiece for your coffee table. Surrounding your new candle with a ring of fake orange, yellow and brown leaves will make a great addition to your living room. To add a touch of vacation – throw a miniature pumpkin into the mix.
8. If you have children, they will certainly not complain about a candy dish full of sweet corn on the coffee table or the end table in the living room. While it’s a subtle accent – it’s a great way to showcase the vacation without cheesy or noisy decorations.
9. Changing your window treatments from light, airy shades to warmer fabrics will help soften the room colors and give them a more autumnal feel. Complement brown or brown curtains with gold accent ties to add a bit of luxury to the space.
10. Finally, don’t be afraid to add a little extra to Halloween. If you’re generally festive but don’t like the idea of having all the decorations throughout the month, knock yourself out on the day of. You, your children and the pranksters will appreciate all your extra efforts!