I think the first time I ever made this recipe was the year Kale and I got married. One of my sweet friends, Kelvin, who I worked with at Rococo’s gave me this recipe one night at work. Kelvin and I were always swapping recipe ideas. Or at least she was always giving me ideas and I would write them all down.
I do have a very similar recipe already on my blog. But I have tweaked it a bit over the years and make this version always now. It’s lightened up but still tastes delicious as ever. My kids sometimes ask me to make this for their birthday dinners! They love it that much.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
- For the filling, place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water. To the dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet), over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15- 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Source Recipe : Click Here