I think the first time I ever made this recipe was the year Kale and I got married. One of my sweet friends, Kelvin, who I worked with at Rococo’s gave me this recipe one night at work. Kelvin and I were always swapping recipe ideas. Or at least she was always giving me ideas and I would write them all down.
I do have a very similar recipe already on my blog. But I have tweaked it a bit over the years and make this version always now. It’s lightened up but still tastes delicious as ever. My kids sometimes ask me to make this for their birthday dinners! They love it that much.
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cans tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup tortilla strips for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the cilantro and tortilla strips to the slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on low for 6 hours then shred the chicken and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro, tortilla strips or your favorite toppings like sour cream and avocado.
Source Recipe : Click Here